Safe Winter Driving
AAA recommends the following winter driving tips:
- Avoid driving while you're fatigued. Get the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.