The Building Department protects the public health, safety and welfare of residents of Fox River Grove and the general public. This is accomplished through plan review, permits, and inspections that enforce the Village's building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, property maintenance and zoning regulations related to the construction, rehabilitation, maintenance, and usage of structures and land. The various codes and ordinances and their enforcement provide a viable means for ensuring the safe, orderly, and aesthetic development of our community.
Please contact the Building Department before making any interior or exterior changes to your property by calling 847-639-3170 to ensure you have the proper permits and instructions.
Building Department Responsibilities
- Review and coordinate annexation, subdivision, and commercial construction projects
- Plan Review: plumbing, electrical, mechanical, framing specifications
- Permits: new homes, additions, remodeling, and accessory structures
- Inspections: plumbing, electrical, mechanical, structural
- Review zoning applications
- Plan Review: use, setbacks, landscaping, floor area, parking
- Inspections: use, setbacks, landscaping, floor area, parking
- Revise and update the zoning ordinance
Property Maintenance / Code Enforcement
- Review commercial and residential structures to ensure compliance with property maintenance regulations including inoperable vehicles, high grass, junk and debris, dangerous structures and other regulations.
- Work with property owners to maintain compliance with property maintenance standards.